View Single Post
Old 09-25-09, 05:17 AM
locky63red

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I am a prison officer working shifts.I ride all the time regardless of the time or weather. I find a ride home after a stress full shift is great. The good thing with shift work is if it is a nice morning after night shift I can take the "Short cut" home. Same thing after day shift during daylight saving in the summertime.
Nothing is more relaxing than a nice ride home alongside the bay that Port Lincoln is based on.
All my co workers think I have some sort of mental deficiency for being car free.
I often get asked if I have a license.
I love cycling and it is lots better refuelling at the coffee shop than stopping in a cage at the petrol station. Not to mention lots cheaper.
I used to attend meetings in our capital city every two months(800ks away)
I left a bike there permanently with my parents and used to love to commute the 25Ks both ways along a MUP alongside the river. My goal for life(Not shared by my wife) is to never to buy another car ever.
Strange isnt it people think nothing of paying huge amounts for a car but when I mention my dream of buying a velomobile( Greenspeed Glyde thankyou Santa) they think you have gone mad.