I-Like-To-Bike
Been Around Awhile

Bikes: Vaterland and Ragazzi

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked 1,581 Times in 1,068 Posts
Originally Posted by Carusoswi
Well, that proves that each of us can read the same words and take different meaning from them, especially when words are written rather than spoken and we don't have the benefit of an audible clue to amplify the writer's intended tone. It is also certainly true (as evidenced by what Tandem expressed in his gracious apology which, in my view, goes beyond the call of duty) that one can write with the intent to convey one tone and, due to choice of words and that same absence of an audible clue, a tone totally different can come across to readers.

Apparently, an apology is due from me, also, since posts subsequent to mine (and Tandem's) indicate that my spirit of objectivity was misplaced. I, too, apologize, and am retiring from this thread.

Caruso
Missing from this thread is the connection between the list of raw data points posted by Tandem in post #1 and his opinions and observations about those other cyclists in post #6 for which he later apologized for the tone.

Seems to me the first post doesn't need an apology, it still needs an explanation from the OP of what was the point of the data listing?