View Single Post
Old 03-14-05, 07:36 AM
galen_52657
Banned.

Bikes: 2001 Look KG 241, 1989 Specialized Stump Jumper Comp, 1986 Gatane Performanc

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by lamajo25
That one person that I had remove himself from the roadway was riding on the right hand side of the road. Had only a rear reflector with no light and there was 8 inches fo snow on the ground and more still falling. It was extremely unsafe for him to be riding in the road along with the snow plows that were pushing the snow off to the sides (the right) and that visibility was very little.
I see what you are saying, but I still detect a paternalistic and 'motor vehicles first' mentality. If the cyclist riding in the snow was riding with lighting that was legal in your state would you still have 'had (him) remove himself from the roadway'?

What if he was returning home from work or going to work and had no other form of transportation? It would seem to me that any snowplows should be operated in such a manor in the stated weather conditions that they could safely see and pass a cyclist riding where he is supposed to be riding with the proper illumination. If the plow operators can't, they should not be operating plows.

How about removing unsafe plow operators or other motor vehilce operators from the road for everyone's safety?