I am the Snail~!

Bikes: 2010 TerraTrike Rover 8

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Mr Danw
My input on pedal forward design:

Pedal forward design puts all of your weight on your backside. It also does not work that well on hills regardless of how many gears you get. (read as knee pain) As you advance you will want more bike. An upright comfort bike will give you an upright riding position without carrying all of your weight on your bum. When you are comfortable enough with the sturdiness of an upright comfort bike you will be able to stand on your pedals to reposition or to power up a hill. This is near impossible with a pedal forward design bike. This is just my opinion from trying to ride my wife's Trek Pure which is very similar in geometry to the Townie and Saratoga.
I agree with you completely Sir! No worries there at all! There are a total of three threads that comprise the total 'story' as it were - about myself, and my rather specific issues. It will be some while before I need worry about the ability or desire to stand on the pegs again, and if/when I am able to do so, I will most assuredly be following the N+1 principal, and going to plan B, or plan C.

We are only at plan A at the moment, and the primary motives are simply to create the desire, nay, the great urgency and need to get ON the bike each and every day for any period of time, for any distance - whether it be flat ground or not.

The point being which is better Sir? 30yrs of no bike whatsoever, or limited bicycling of a pedal-foward nature? Get the ball rolling, and the future can worry about itself, eh?