Old 09-27-09, 04:42 PM
loopybunny
team autobus

Bikes: 2009 Trek 1.5; 2009 Trek 6000; 1995 Specialized Hardrock

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Saturday, 10 mile loop early. Wanted to do my 25 mile loop, but I didn't sleep well and had no energy. I was also in instant pain when I sat on the saddle.

I looked at saddles yesterday when getting my bike tuned up, but the guy suggested that I angle it slightly downward before buying a new saddle. Good idea, but I didn't have him do it. Figured I could do that myself.

So I did my 25 mile River Road loop this morning, but forgot to adjust the saddle. After a half mile I realized that there was no way I was going to get through 25 miles in such discomfort. However, I left my tools sitting at home next to my mountain bike. Quick return home, I adjusted the saddle, and headed out again. Discomfort instantly gone!

Don't know if it was the saddle angle, my new Ionos (wore it for the first time today), or if I was in some way inspired by Cadel's win today, but I felt blissful on the bike and could have rode forever like a cycling Energizer bunny. Only by the time I was almost home, it was in the 90's and my water was hot (could have brewed tea).

Aside from the notable absence of sitbone discomfort, I also had no back pain today. This was the first time ever riding my road bike over 8 miles that I didn't have lower back pain.

Very good day. In fact, considering going out for a short ride tonight if the temp drops any.

Really looking forward to the heat wave ending so I can ride when I get home from work (even if it's only for a short time) and totally psyched for next weekend!

Edited: I totally forgot my rant!
As I was just about a half mile from home, I decided to hop on the bike trail instead of taking the bike lane down the busy road, which is what I normally do. I came up behind a guy on a mountain bike. He was up out of his saddle, pedal pedal pedal, then would swerve from one side of the bike trail to the other and back. Lather, rinse, repeat.

I was probably 10 feet behind him when I yelled, "On your left!" No reaction whatsoever. I pulled up right behind him and in my best scolding teacher voice yelled again, "On your left!" No reaction yet again.

He finally slightly turned his head and guess what? The dude had earbuds in! He still didn't see me. Wish he could have seen the withering stare I was giving him. I was going to say something at the stop light, but he turned and didn't stop. My only other option was chucking a water bottle at him. Kidding... I wanted to, but I didn't. Don't want to lose one of my bottles.

Ending rant now.

Last edited by loopybunny; 09-27-09 at 04:55 PM. Reason: added rant