View Single Post
Old 03-14-05, 04:58 PM
closetbiker

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked 18 Times in 6 Posts
Originally Posted by I-Like-To-Bike
Little Big Man alleges the unnamed "studies" seal the deal for the safety value of unnamed/undefined cycling training for unnamed undefined cyclists. I don't plan to trackdown the non-existance of someone else's obvious guesswork.
I don't think it takes a rocket scientist to think that any one who takes one of those courses could come out as a better informed and more skillfull road user that will be involved in fewer roadway collisions.

It's simple, if someone is informed of a better and safer way of doing something, there'll be less accidents than if they didn't have any information.

I have 2 studies at home done by well paid corporations that show about two -thirds of cycling deaths are due to not following the rules of the road and about 30% from accidents that were not in any way preventable. They both corroberate each others findings and show if cyclists simply follow the rules of the road, there is only the tiniest of chance of death on the bicycle, yet (back to the original concept of the post) cyclists seem to get the short end of the stick because the political will of representatives clearly represent the majority of the constituents that elect the politicians, motorists.

Until cyclists represent a significantly larger portion of road way users, our intrests will be sorely under-represented.