View Single Post
Old 09-29-09, 10:12 PM
Bekologist
totally louche

Bikes: the ever shifting stable loaded with comfortable road bikes and city and winter bikes

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 10 Times in 9 Posts
Originally Posted by sgoodri
In areas where indicating constraints on lateral positioning by vehicle type may create conflicts with other safety and efficiency concerns
oh, i see. so, sharrows but NOT on collector roads with adequate width and striped with bikelanes like Crabtree crossing parkway or chatham parkway, where the roads have been identified as significant for B&C type cyclists and bikelane striping does not cause undue safety and efficiency concerns (except for hysterical vehikular cyklists like steve !!) and will serve 95 percent of bicyclists in a beneficial operational manner (reduced sidewalk cycling, etc).

the only reason i initially agreed with you about the poor designs of the bikelanes in cary was your misleading misrepresentation of where they were placed, your fuzzy depictions of what a neighborhood street is versus bonifide collector without reasonable alternative suburban divided thoroughfares.

I see steve. and if you're already familiar with the FHWA "design bicyclist" you blatantly misled the forum as why bike infrastructure is placed where and for whom.

Last edited by Bekologist; 09-29-09 at 10:28 PM.