Thread: Norco Let down
View Single Post
Old 09-30-09, 09:51 AM
old and new

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
As far as the pump problem; I've exprienced a similar one long ago actually with a Zefal. At the time it was the dominant brand so I had to rig it other in ways. The Co. no longer has a strong presence in the US or Canada. Since then I carry a mini- pump, it works better than my old Zefel. For what ever reason you would rather a frame mounted pump... well that's valid. You may want to investigate a Topeak Morph, it may suit. It seems this model is versatile from what I've recently read here and based on its appearance, I don't know.
Pertaining to your and longwave's concerns pertaining to Norco at large is another subject. It's not my style to bash Co.s ... particular models.. yes.. not the entire Co. Norco has a strong presence in Canada it seems. Over the past two years in and out here at the Forums, I've read several complaints about that Co. Nothing really serious but annoyances. Two instances involved wheel failure. I haven't followed such matters closely. Maybe it's all on account of them dominating certain markets. You're not alone.
Coming from an automotive backround, I've more than noticed different approaches taken by different auto manufacturers. These brands of cars exist world wide and all of them are popular and succesfull. The level of service exacted from a corperate level varies greatly. Not simply in protocal but prevailing attitude. Indeed, the entire customer service profiles are quite different which may or maynot be reflected on the dealer level. You can try to guess which ones are better and which are worse. If you do, it might not be with a high degree of accuracy. I won't mention the worst ones but each time I heard stories I thought to myself " typical". Yet, these co.s and there way of operating still prevails.