Old 10-01-09, 11:01 AM
dwightonabike
My Duty to Ride

Bikes: Giant Iguana 650 utility bike, Surly LHT, Trek TopFuel 7

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Threats now? Wow. I can, and have, sustained multiple elbows to the head. Can't you tell I have a hard head? And if you give me one, you will go to jail or one of us will go the hospital, depending on our relative moods. Assault to teach someone a lesson for violating MUP etiquette is still assault.

cofgrn, the other rider was not "using that side of the path for their rightful travel". They were traveling well over the allowed speed, so that would be "using that side of the path for illegal travel".

I understand that avoiding the MUP is one of my options. However, I was out there specifically to ride on the MUP.

Very cut and dried opinions here. Glad everyone's so sure of themselves. No one has even asked any questions to clarify their opinions.

It was well within my capabilities to blast past this family. I didn't want to speed on a crowded greenway. Sightlines out there don't allow for fast, safe riding.

Is your position that since I can't safely and legally pass while accounting for speeding riders possibly coming the other direction, I'm restricted to the speed of slowest riders out there? Not an unreasonable opinion, I think.

But I say bring on the elbows, that sounds much more interesting!