Old 10-03-09, 10:25 AM
edwong3

Bikes: 2023 Zizzo Liberte

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 66 Post(s)
Liked 71 Times in 46 Posts
Hi Rosie8,

Yep! I ran those figures on Sheldon's calculator and came up with the same results pretty much. The Miami in particular is geared just like my Qile Duo VSTII folder. And the Barcelona is geared very much like the New Century 20" NON folding bike I used to own years ago. It's meant for easy low effort cruising. I think it's pretty cool that Citizen Bike was able to give you that data.

Edward Wong III
Qile Duo 5 Speed 20" Folder

Originally Posted by Rosie8
After emailing Citizen Bike, they kindly responded with some info on the Barcelona and the Miami:
Barcelona -the BARCELONA Citizen Bike has a rear Shimano Nexus 3-speed internal hub with a 14 tooth cog. The front chainwheel is a 32 tooth chainwheel with 152mm crank arms. The Shimano Nexus hub is a model SG-3R42.

The tires are Kenda Kwest 20 x 1.75 (65psi) tires in a custom cream color made exclusively for the BARCELONA.

Miami- The MIAMI Citizen Bike has a 6 speed Shimano derailleur with a rear freewheel that ranges between 14 - 28 T over six gears. The front chainwheel is 46T with 170mm crank arms

Although I don't know if I used it correctly, I calculated a gear ratio of 31 - 58 inches for the Barcelona, and 30-61 gear inches for the Miami. Please correct me if I used the gear formula at Sheldon Brown wrong.