View Single Post
Old 10-03-09, 02:56 PM
tigershell339

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by dwightonabike

After waiting for them to pass an even slower group, I called out, "bicycle on your left" to let them know where I was, and slowly started to pass. I'm busy paying attention to the wobbly children beside me, going slowly, when I hear a yell. "Stay right!" A rider decked out in team gear on a racing bike was coming down the hill a pretty good pace, perturbed with my position on the trail. There's enough space, so I pull in line with the family, in front of the children. I get a sarcastic "Thanks" as the lady on the racing bike passes by in the other direction.

It got me a little upset.
The other person probably did not mean it as nasty or sarcastic as you took it. She was just yelling out to warn you in the same good spirit as you were yelling out the family you were passing. It just caught you off guard because you were not expecting it. I doubt her "thanks" was sarcastic, because when I'm annoyed with someone about anything, I'd never say thanks. She likely thanked you because she appreciated you letting her go by without interruption.

Last edited by tigershell339; 10-03-09 at 02:59 PM.