View Single Post
Old 10-04-09, 07:00 AM
Neil_B

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Quoted: Post(s)
Originally Posted by techknowgn
i'm rather proud of the clydesdale title. Though i am an uber clyde or whatever the term for 300+ is, aside from my belly, i embody the triathlon definition. I am 6'2", broadshouldered and especially for my size am becoming a powerful rider. I swim fairly well and i'm in the midst of the transition from walking to running.

As a cyclist, it gives me a definition, but i don't let it fully define me either. I may always be a clyde due to the size of my frame, but i won't let it stop me from being an athlete, and becoming the athlete i want to be.

Even at my heaviest (380#), while i was self-depricating about my weight, and more insecure than i ever let on, i never let it stop me from doing what i wanted. I was the only guy in my hockey league close to 400#, but i played anyways, and actually had a 10 goal season (avg about a goal/game that season).

Sure there are limitations to being a big person. You have to have a whole seat to yourself on roller coasters, you aren't comfortable in airplane seats, you get winded more easily. But if you don't think of yourself as a big person, and you do what it takes to make sure you can do what you want, you can do anything! especially with the support of family and great friends like the peeps here at bf!
+1!