View Single Post
Old 10-07-09, 03:56 PM
acko

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
took it for a spin today (approx 30k). it was the first road bike I have ridden. incredible. I did mostly commuting in the city (I will try some open road tomorrow). comparing it to my other bikes (cheap MTB and a city bike) it has tremendous acceleration, excellent breaking (nearly flipped me over) and I was mostly impressed by the tire grip. seeing those thin tyres I thought I would slide off any moment. it took me a while to learn how to steer it but the grip was fantastic. it doesn't slide a cm and has great manoeuvrability even when you go fairly fast. I also like to tilt the handlebar a bit towards me, because my hands are too straight. everything else feels great, the shifting and pedaling are smooth, seat is nice (witch surprises me with that tiny saddle), noise is minimal. also no back pain, no pain in the butt and no pain in the hands.

I only need to tune the derailleurs and the part that worries me is that somewhere from the bottom bracket comes a squealing sound when I pedal hard. should I be worried about that?

the parts, since being from different sets of shimano work perfectly. also about my weight. I'm near 190lbs but I hope I don't go over that because this is close to my ideal weight. I'm over 90% sure that I want this bike, only if I can bargain about the price a bit. thanks for consulting me and I hope I can also contribute to this forum some day.