Old 10-09-09, 08:44 PM
nycphotography
NYC

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1169 Post(s)
Liked 107 Times in 62 Posts
Originally Posted by duke_of_hazard
Folks, I have ridden this road hundreds of times and can count on my two hands the number of times I have been honked it. My mistake was the middle finger which escalated the problem . My lane position is correct and safest for me.
Just because you say it, doesn't make it so.

I expect the cars to accomodate me, but let me assure you, I full well expect to be invisible at all times, and I will guarantee you that I do everything I can to stay the hell outta the way.

Taking the middle of the the lane to prevent a right hook? That's your story? Seriously??

Dude, the car passed you, drove to the intersection, pulled over, got out, and was standing around WAITING for you to eventually get there. He couldn't possibly have right hooked you because he would have been long gone before you got anywhere near that intersection.

Here's a scenario that happens over and over and over again every time you ride on a public road. You are riding along and two cars come up on you from behind, one behind the other.

Where is the smartest place to be, dead in the middle of the lane to establish your territory? Or all the way on the edge line, if not outside if it?

Hint: The cars are rolling along at 55mph. Front driver sees you, never lets off the gas, and flows around and past you. Second car never sees you. WHAM!. Good thing you staked out that lane to prevent the non-fatal right hook that you could have seen coming a mile away. Good thing you didn't leave room for them to "buzz you" in case they didn't see you in time. Brilliant!