Old 10-10-09, 06:09 PM
Chanash

Bikes: Scattante R-660

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Floor Pumps and psi gauges...?

This is my first post so please be kind!

About a month ago I went looking for a psi gauge and/or a good floor pump for a presta valve.

I went to my local Performance and bought a Spin Doctor psi gauge. I tried it out and it would not make a good seal. I ended up returning it and picked up a Planet Bike gauge from REI. The Planet Bike gauge had the same problem, it just could not make a good seal.

After striking out twice I decided to go to my local LBS and I looked at their floor pumps. I ended up getting a Bontrager Charger floor pump ($30). I took it home and it ended up having the same problem; it could not make a seal. Each time I went to pump my tire the PSI gauge would only go to 40. I returned that floor pump ended up getting the Specialized AirTool Comp floor pump ($50). When I went to use the new floor pump it had the same problem!!!!

I figured that after 4 gauges/pumps I would get a winner...Am I just unlucky? I'm pretty sure that I'm not doing anything wrong. Each time I fill up my tire I try to get the best seal as possible.

Does anyone have any suggestions on good floor pumps or gauges that seal correctly? I really just want something that will tell me the PSI of my tires.

Thanks!!!!