View Single Post
Old 10-10-09, 07:38 PM
Digital_Cowboy

Bikes: Specialized Hardrock Mountain (Stolen); Giant Seek 2 (Stolen); Diamondback Ascent mid 1980 - 1997

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 62 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Originally Posted by calamarichris
Ah, so that's why you had the camera rolling. Be honest now: how many times did you ride through that intersection hoping to catch someone in the act of daring to overtake you?

If he overtook you safely with plenty of space, then why did you give him the finger, bud?

IMO the video more portrays a cyclist with a chip on his shoulder, out prowling for an unnecessary confrontation, (which is what I fear my pointing this out will only lead to; please consider my silence after this post an acknowledgment that you've cornered me with logic and that I now understand the iodiocy in riding courteously and non-confrontationally. )
I realize that you are probably aren't going to respond, but does that lane look like it's wide enough that if Duke had been riding to the far right side of the lane that there would have been sufficient room for the car to safely pass the cyclist? It doesn't look that way to me. Most of the streets around my area are of this type. And Florida and I believe most other state laws allow cyclists to "take the lane" under such circumstances.

The driver is/was the instigator in this situation. HE should have waited until the road widened before attempting to pass. It was his impatience that caused the problem, not the cyclists lane position.

Last edited by Digital_Cowboy; 10-10-09 at 08:45 PM.