View Single Post
Old 10-10-09, 09:47 PM
gash44
Just a Cyclist

Bikes: 08 Trek Madone 5.5, 07 Lemond Versailles-Carbon, 06 Lemond Croix de fer-True Temper, 95 Bianchi Eros-Chromoly

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by CHARLATAN
I'm a guy.

No fit kit. Didn't even adjust the seat for me. I went home and did it myself.
We did figure out that the 55 is the size for me, 5'9 30" inseam. I adjusted the seat so that my leg was close to straight at the downstroke, but it is a road bike and the seat weighs nothing, so no padding or anything.

My seat is a Bontrager Race, but being a newcomer I don't know what that even means, except that Bontrager seems to be a popular company outfitting these bikes (my wheels, fork, tires and stem are all Bontrager). It is hard as a rock, but I imagine they make those for some reason. They must be comfortable to some.
http://www.fisherbikes.com/bike/archivemodel/506

Oh yeah, it doesn't help that I am probably 45+ lbs overweight. And due to my body type I have a straight line from my shoulders to my heels, no ass whatsoever.
Went to another shop later in the day and talked at length with a guy that was willing to help me get it dialed in, but he charges for it. $60/ hr.
Your bike is made by Trek which owns Bontrager and Gary Fisher that's why your bike has so much Bontrager stuff on it. I will say that Trek (Fisher) puts low end Bontrager seats on the bikes so you might want to invest in a better seat.