View Single Post
Old 10-11-09, 06:07 AM
jppe
Let's do a Century

Bikes: Cervelo R3 Disc, Pinarello Prince/Campy SR; Cervelo R3/Sram Red; Trek 5900/Duraace, Lynskey GR260 Ultegra

Mentioned: 59 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 651 Post(s)
Liked 879 Times in 408 Posts
Originally Posted by Tractortom
I'm not sure about the 'globe road'. I was in Blowing Rock two weeks ago for the start of the Cycle North Carolina Ride. The road I drove into town was the highway from Lenoir to Blowing Rock, and a pretty good section of it was under construction. It looked like a large rock slide or land slide had taken out part of the road, and they were rebuilding. The route we took on the bikes from Blowing Rock to Lenoir included a climb up onto the Blue Ridge Parkway, the parkway for about 10 miles, and off that Linville Falls. Then a long (11 mile) downhill section to Lenoir. It was GRAND! I was hitting 40+ on my Catrike on some of the long downhill sections.

Tractor Tom in Okeechobee, FL
You came up Hwy 321 from Lenoir to BR. The way I've gone from Lenoir to BR is what you described. Don't think about riding 321 on a bike right now.

BRP to Hwy 181. Hwy 181 down to Adako Rd. TL onto Adako. Take a couple back roads from there. Its about 50 miles.

I'm not familiar with Globe Rd.