CCrew
Older than dirt

Bikes: Too darn many.. latest count is 11

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by waynesworld
That is a sharp bike. And at the price you paid, seems like a steal (though I don't know msrp).

Do you think you'll add fenders? Bar ends?
I'll add fenders, haven't quite decided which ones. I kind of like the blacked out urban look to the bike, and haven't quite settled on what fenders I want. I've historically run SKS's. I took the Nebula wheels I pulled and put 35's on them for when the weather gets crappier, also have a set of 38mm WTB Interwolf's if need be. Don't really get enough snow/ice around here to justify studs. Which fenders I run may ultimately be decided by which tires stay on it the most.

Bar ends I don't know. I don't think they'll work well with the handlebars on the bike, but if I decide the existing bars won't cut it I'll prolly go with a low rise carbon MTB bar like the Easton in which case I'll prolly go to the Ergon GC3. I'm pretty partial to the Ergon grips. The bars that are on it don't seem to lend themselves well to standing and climbing, so the jury is still out on them.

MSRP was $559, I paid $430 + tax which took me to $451 out the door. MAP on the bike is $499, which is what most should be able to buy it for. I'll have another $90 in the BB7's to give it brakes that work.