Old 10-12-09, 12:02 PM
jimx200

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Glad your bud got his bike. Unfortunately, my online order and follow up phone call to Performance was a cluster flick deal. After ordering online, I followed up 2 days later with a phone call to check on a ship date. They said they were not sure if my size was in stock, but they did put a hold on my credit card. I asked why would they not know if in stock...I mean pretty easy to check if they use any basic inventory software. She then says that I see you are having it sent to store and that takes extra time..like up to a week longer and again "if in stock". WTF? Why was I not told of this up front? After waiting 2 more days and no confirmation on a call that they have my size in stock and AFTER finding out they will NOT HONOR the Friday "special" price of $249., I said cancel..NOW! This is my first time buying a bike online with Performance, but have never had a problem with 3 other bikes purchased at my local Performance store. Thing is that after looking at the pics, I'm glad I did not get it. Not knocking the Maurice at $249. (and now listed at $315.), but I'm going to spend a little more to get higher quality thus saving the upgrade costs on a few of the cheesy parts. Hello Madison on a 20% off deal.

Last edited by jimx200; 10-12-09 at 12:38 PM.