Old 10-12-09, 01:03 PM
Chombi

Bikes: 1986 Alan Record Carbonio, 1985 Vitus Plus Carbone 7, 1984 Peugeot PSV, 1972 Line Seeker, 1986(est.) Medici Aerodynamic (Project), 1985(est.) Peugeot PY10FC

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 150 Post(s)
Liked 34 Times in 27 Posts
Originally Posted by jet sanchEz
Hrm, I am not sure, it seems kind of a lot of money but I guess the craftsmanship will be very high...right? I'd like to see one built up to judge, the fork isn't all that interesting to me.

So, we now have Ciocc and Guerciotti re-making their classic steel frames and Colnago still makes some great steel bikes, who else is going to get on board?

And has any company started to use the re-issue of Columbus SL yet? That would probably be worth paying for...
I think a lot of C&V guys are coming into the market looking for steel frames that they are familiar with during their younger (more exciting?) days in cycling. Many are now older/affluent enough to spend for the fancier steel bikes that they could only dream about back then and the old makers ar making their dreams come true. This renaissance of steel bikes and framesets is a great retort to the newest "hyper-tech" CF bike movement that pretty much attracts cyclist that are mostly outside of the steel picture/generation and sort of "don't get it".

Chombi
84 Peugeot PSV