View Single Post
Old 03-17-05, 03:34 PM
swifferman

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by liv_rong
Im sick of Lance. I bet im not the only one. All the roadies are getting all excited for summer and how how they get to play dress up and pretend they are cool. Its not that I hate road bikes, I loved test riding customer bikes after repairs and they haul ass. But I really just dont like the attitude of many of the roadies. A lot of them that ive come accross come off like experts at everything, most dont know anything about bikes or riding but they always want their bikes perfect in every way, and can be very pesuasive about being a dick and having it their way.
Last year for the Tour De France it was on the t.v.'s at my shop all week for the customers to watch and cheer for their hero. We all had bets going and I bet agaisnt him. I was being a dick too because I was talking alot of smack about how I wish that he will lose. Sadly he won. Roadies need to get a life thats not so gay. I hope I dont piss too many people off. This is just how I feel....
Not to stereotype or anything, but to get into road biking, it requires a lot more then to get into mountain biking. Sure they've got bikes that match up dollar for dollar, but our $350 Hardrock is their $600 Specialized Allez. And that's just entry level. So maybe the reason you feel this way is because it's sort of true, road bikers tend to be slightly older, and slightly richer.

Of course I've never really encountered anyone too stuck up. Probably because my whole town is!