Old 03-17-05, 04:08 PM
a2psyklnut

Bikes: Lots

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by swifferman
Not to stereotype or anything, but to get into road biking, it requires a lot more then to get into mountain biking. Sure they've got bikes that match up dollar for dollar, but our $350 Hardrock is their $600 Specialized Allez. And that's just entry level. So maybe the reason you feel this way is because it's sort of true, road bikers tend to be slightly older, and slightly richer.

Of course I've never really encountered anyone too stuck up. Probably because my whole town is!

Have you ever wondered why?

I mean their entry level bike with components on a similar level to ours sells for $600.00.

Yet, mountain bikes have a suspension fork?

Frame design is similar.
Wheel design is similar.
Shifters are similar, o.k. their integrated are a bit more complex.
Seats are the same.
Seat posts, same.
...etc.

Why do they cost almost twice as much?

Maybe because that's what the market will bear. Not like some of us think and it's due to how much it cost to make them.

It's a conspiracy I tell you. Just another example of how "The MAN" is keeping us down!
"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming, "WOW, What a Ride!" - unknown
"Your Bike Sucks" - Sky Yaeger