View Single Post
Old 10-14-09, 01:11 PM
invisiblehand
Part-time epistemologist

Bikes: Jamis Nova, Bike Friday triplet, Bike Friday NWT, STRIDA, Austro Daimler Vent Noir, Hollands Tourer

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 122 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Originally Posted by rlm117
thanks for the brake info. Sorry I'm not being clear about the tire question. it's not so much the 20 inch wheels - I like the small wheels and the whole minivelo concept- it's more that the roads where I am are not terrific and I am way less nervy than I used to be when I rode skinny tired bikes. I guess the questions are: are the tires as skinny as a typical racing tire and how do they do on rough pavement, if you end up going down a curb, etc (both in terms of handling and not flatting out)? Some of the reviews of the hammerhead have basically said, it's really fast (assuming the rider is) but not comfortable and a bit twitchy and some reviews of the stelvios on the speed tt make it sound like don't ever leave home without a patch kit or you'll regret it. leaving aside the folding issue, which isn't a big concern for me, does the hammerhead work for casual riding in less than ideal conditions or is it really pretty much single purpose for fast training rides and the like. or perhaps, what courses is this particular horse suited for? I know it's hard to describe ride quality, but that's basically what I'm asking.

thanks.
Well ... there is a front suspension. But the dual pivot caliper brakes will limit the tire size that fit.