Old 03-17-05, 10:15 PM
BlazingPedals

Bikes: Trek 7500, RANS V-Rex, Optima Baron, Velokraft NoCom, M-5 Carbon Highracer, Catrike Speed

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1514 Post(s)
Liked 734 Times in 455 Posts
I believe my lowracer is a secret weapon in the same way the English longbow was in medieval times. The French could see how a longbow worked, but didn't believe it was a superior weapon even as it was decimating their soldiers from beyond crossbow range. In the same way, I can destroy the fast guys in my club who used to dump me without so much as a second thought. They can see that I have almost no frontal area, they comment that there's no draft behind me, but when I wail on them in a sprint, they think it's because I'm Superman(tm). Even when I tell them, "it's the bike," they don't believe me!

Even my bike has disadvantages, which is another way of saying, "it's not for everyone." Along with way more speed than the average recumbent, mine has what might be euphemistically called, 'advanced handling characteristics.' And the different speed profile makes it hard to ride WITH my friends on uprights. But I'm willing to live with the 'downs' because overall I love riding it so much. Bikes exist in all their variety because we're all different. Enjoy what you ride, respect others' choice of machines.