bmclaughlin807
Crankenstein

Bikes: Novara Randonee (TankerBelle)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Originally Posted by ilmooz
Fortunately, you're in Finland and therefore ineligible for jury selection should this suit go to trial. You won't have the opportunity to act on your preconceived notions of the totality of case before knowing the specifics which may or may not justify a 1.5 million dollar payday.

I don't know the specifics myself, so I'm willing to go no further than to speculate and offer opinion. Sounds like you've already passed judgment.

It's getting colder here in Chicago, but at least I have my cynicism to keep me warm.
Police need to be held to a VERY high standard of conduct... this police officer went over the line by (apparently) singling out a random cyclist and then slamming the cyclist to the ground. The cop deserves to be punished for that.

What is MUCH, MUCH worse, however, is that the cop then used his position of trust and respect to falsify police reports, conspire with his fellow officers (you think they weren't in on it?), perjure himself, and slander a citizen. He'd have gotten away with it, too, if someone hadn't happened to be filming it with a video camera.

That should scare the crap out of you, it does me.
"There is no greater wonder than the way the face and character of a woman fit so perfectly in a man's mind, and stay there, and he could never tell you why. It just seems it was the thing he most wanted." Robert Louis Stevenson