View Single Post
Old 10-15-09, 09:51 PM
grolby

Mentioned: 27 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 288 Post(s)
Liked 86 Times in 60 Posts
Originally Posted by LarryMelman
My bike came with Continental UltraSport's which has no flat protection at all, and I finally got fed up with fixing flats every week or two for over a year now. I had narrowed my choices to GatorSkins, Krylion's and Lithion's, but my LBS recommended Serfas Seca RS over the Krylion's which he also had. I looked at the review sites and all the reviews of the Serfas were extremely positive, so I am giving them a try.
Lithions are a great inexpensive, nice-riding training tire that's perfectly acceptable for racing as well.

I've been riding a Bontrager Race X Lite front tire for a while now; I got a deal on it, otherwise would not have purchased it because they're expensive tires (~$60), but it's a great tire, nice, sticky racing slick. Only one or two flats in the time I've had it, but that might be a matter of riding style and weight as much as anything else. At 123 lbs, I'm pretty easy on tires. They tend to last me a while.

I'm about to receive a pair of Panaracer Extreme Evo3s from my old LBS. I don't know that I'll end up testing them out before spring, but I'm excited to see Panaracer get into the racing slick clincher market. They make fantastic tires at good prices, but have historically tended toward more city and touring designs. It'll be interesting to see what they can do with a true lightweight road tire with no tread. If these tires are as good as I expect, they might turn out to be one the great deals; the price is very reasonable.