View Single Post
Old 03-18-05, 06:28 PM
sunninho
Go Titans!!

Bikes: '04 Eddy Merckx Team SC - Record - Rolf Prima Vigor; Andy Hampsten Cinghiale - Dura Ace 7800 - Rolf Elan Aero

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I just bought a 2002 54cm Felt DA 700 for 1,100. It's set up with Dura Ace 9, but I'm slowly switching over to new or barely used Dura Ace 10 components. I also took off the training wheels and added a Velomax Orion wheelset and speedplay X2 pedals I've found used. It's set up for road racing and I'll probably add on Syntace C2 bars.

For the computer, I'm playing around with the Garmin Forerunner 301. Love the GPS/HRM combination!

All of this is an upgrade from a Cannondale R600 stock bike I bought right out of college. I loved my Cannondale, but wanted something I could use both for triathlons and road training. I settled on the Felt due to great reviews I found on the net, for its construction, stiffness and handling (which one site, I think trifuel.com, said both climbing and handling was better than all other tri bikes and even many road bikes).

The beautiful DA looks like it slices through air and it really does =) I don't think Felt made a 2005 DA, but they've continued the B2 which I've read is also a fantastic ride for both road and triathlons.

Last edited by sunninho; 03-19-05 at 12:06 AM.