Old 10-18-09, 09:43 AM
PedallingATX
Comanche Racing

Bikes: Presto NJS build, Specialized Allez Pro w/ full Dura Ace and Ksyrium SLs, 1990something Specialized Sirrus

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by letsgetsandy
http://sandiego.craigslist.org/csd/bik/1423711410.html

not such a bad bike perse. but really? $400. most of us start out on conversions but really you can get a new big box track bike with better components and such for cheaper. I mean no matter how much you put into it it is still a conversion. Plus Ive ridden by this guy so many times and he cant ride for jack!
what is that jackass? It has nice parts on it! decent crank, hand built wheelset w/ decent parts, etc. Looks to be in good shape. 400 may be slightly high, but if one of my friends came to me saying "hey, i just paid $350 for this bike," I would tell him that he got a pretty good deal. Posting a CL ad this is like $50 above what you want to sell it for is normal. Also, a lot of conversions are nicer than kilos and w/e other crap you guys ride anyways.

That SLC ad is ridiculous, though. way overpriced.

Nishiki is fine...just another pursuit frame turned into FG. My friend has one that is a Pinarello, maybe i'll post it on here just to make some of you guys punch holes in your walls.