Old 10-22-09, 10:00 AM
UmneyDurak
RacingBear

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 280 Post(s)
Liked 68 Times in 36 Posts
Originally Posted by aeiadart
Thanks for the input, What do you usually find your self eating? I sometimes find it hard to find healthy stuff to snack on throughout the day. Any suggestions? Right now i eat a good amount of fruit and veggies and health bars.

Thanks Mate!

B
The thing about eating small meals is not about "boosting metabolism" or "body is not storing extra as fat" it's about not getting hungry. People tend to over-eat when they are hungry since it takes a brain a while to realize food is in the tummy. It is not an all end solution to weight loss. It works for some, but not others.

Moderate rides are good for building aerobic base. Generally speaking higher the intensity more calories someone burns. As intensity increases different energy systems get used to power muscles and exercise transitions more to anaerobic from aerobic. This means less oxygen is used, and at some point none, to power the muscles. This means more carbohydrates stored in muscles and liver and less fat are used as the percentage of total calories burned. Although as I said before more calories are burned total, which is the key point. Of course it is hard to do high intensity exercise every day, and it is counter productive to training. So balance needs to be struck between different intensities. This will depend on time you have, and your fitness goals. One of the reasons things like HIIT are popular with people who do not have time to exercise, or treat it like some kind of burden/punishment. It is a high intensity exercise that burns the most calories in shortest amount of time.

For healthy snacks, dump the "healthy" bars. Most are just candy bars in disguise. Almost anything can be a "snack": small salad with egg shredded on top and a bit of dijon mustard and soy sauce for dressing, greek yogurt (or any other plain yogurt), mixed with berries or fruits, nuts (although go easy on those they are quite calorie dense).

UD