NoRacer
Isaias

Bikes: Ridley X-Fire (carbon, white)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanks all!

Anyway, it was the train bridge just before Route 40 at the intersection of 40 and Middle River Rd--commute route.

It took me completely by surprise to all of a sudden have the ground fall out from under me.

It was mostly my fault, though.

Cars were blocking the right side of the road while they waited for a red traffic light, so I made a left behind a truck so that I could pass the blocking vehicle(s) to the left, then pull back to the right as I filter forward to do a trackstand at the light, then make the right turn on to Rt 40 (SOP). As I was looking left to make sure that I didn't pull out in front of vehicles coming from the left I didn't see the gap in the road.

I'm glad both wheels didn't slip in or I might have had to deal with a bent or broken rear derailleur.

----
Making my first attempts at rebuilding a wheel. I've taken the hub off of my rear HED Jet 50 since the hoop for it is hosed. The plan is to take the Neuvation carbon wheel apart and replace it's hub (which is also hosed) with the HED hub. I'm trying to decide whether I want to redo the Neuvation with bladed spokes.

This will be interesting. Will I have enough nerve to ride that wheel once I get it back together?

I'll probably have the wheel looked at by a LBS to ensure that it's sound.

If it works out, I may start building wheels from scratch--always wanted to learn how to do that.

Last edited by NoRacer; 10-22-09 at 09:26 PM.