View Single Post
Old 10-23-09, 03:21 AM
lhwj

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by xjken99
Back in August I purchased a new Gary Fisher Zambrano which I posted earlier in this thread. One of the reasons for that was the Schwinn Frontier that I had in storage shed looked to need to much work. After sitting in shed for the better part of ten years the wheels, crank arms and assorted nuts and bolts were covered with surface rust. The tires were dry rotted, the tubes leaked and the brake pads would not even touch the wheels. I decided a couple of weeks ago to try and clean it up with new tires and tubes, strip the rust off everything with some steel wool and my dremel tool and touch up some of the chips on the frame. I got the bike back together a couple of days ago and to my surprise everything works.

After researching the bike I found out it is a '92 Frontier and it was marketed as a "City Bike" but was listed as a mountain bike in the original sales brochures. To me it looks more like a hybrid than a mountain bike, I am not sure when the hybrid term first came into use or if it belongs in this forum but here are a couple of pics.

Ahh.. my eyes hurt! It's too yellow!

But seriously, nice bike