Old 10-25-09, 08:54 AM
sci_femme

Bikes: cyclotank

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Ladies and Gentlemen:

Thanks to everyone who chimed in on this tread. After nearly 5-week wait for the tires (my LBS supplier was out of ANY Contis in size requesed) I got a pair of 700X28 4-seasons. $$Ouch!!!
Put some talc powder on the tubes, installed the tires - not bad in installation, though tire levers were needed.
Handling is more responsive, felt almost twitchy at first, again, in comparison to stock Boroughs 32mm that came with the bike.
Wet handling - like it very much. Tread is very grippy, almost chewy to the touch. About 300 mi in two weeks and have not wore out the center seam in the tire - looks promising for a longevity.
Ride quality - did not notice any difference, I am a light Athena, therefore any tire will flex enough to cushion the ride. Potholes still no issue.
Fast? Um... Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hide....Compared to Boroughs, on smooth pavement they fly effortlessly. Some roads around here are pretty rough asphalt, almost chip-seal, and I have to work more to maintain the same speed. Oh, well....
Puncture resistance. My problem is glass, so on way home I subjected it to fail-test repeatedly and pointed them down any beer party remains. At home examined the tread - nothing picked up. However, found one spot where tread was cut, by either large glass shard or a steel washer aimed just right. Nothing major, did not go through, booted the tire just in case...
Bottom line - I am happy.

SF

Last edited by sci_femme; 10-27-09 at 09:52 AM.