Old 10-26-09, 04:48 AM
segorese

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
thank you...

This was all great advice. I got into the habit of just mounting the tire and not worrying about what was inside. I probably knew a lot of these principles years ago and they were just pushed aside with time. My kingdom for great craftsmen like yourself! (I don't have much of a kingdom but I'd give all I had if I could have everything fixed to work....).

Originally Posted by bmwstbill
After the tire mounts around the stem area push pull the stem in and out...it should move freely. Do this again when the entire tire is mounted, push the sidewalls to the center on either side and look in all the way around the tire, add just a little air and do it again, check the stem again, is it loose? You should feel it push all the way to the 'tread' .

If all that happens, no way is it pinched. In my experience it is best to start mounting the tire at or near the stem but push the valve in when you lever or just use those fingers.
Hey, I'm a motorcycle mechanic, I don't know how many motorcycle tires I have mounted but if you want a lesson in tire mounting, try a few of those.
bill