Old 03-20-05, 11:00 PM
my58vw
Meow!

Bikes: Trek 2100 Road Bike, Full DA10, Cervelo P2K TT bike, Full DA10, Giant Boulder Steel Commuter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
When you get dropped off the back after 3 minutes then get pulled part way all you are doing is an ITT and I have lots of experience with ITT's. Sure the racing experience that you will get is beneficial but if you are not ready to hang then it is a little different. If you were in the pack the whole time then the experience is great... Yes you do get pushed far and that is always good training. Of course I can do some of the local rides that at my level push me just as hard as races at my current level.

On the last topic I looked at my schedule and after Redlands it looks like I will be taking a good 6 weeks or so off. These is only two races during that period, the La Mirada GP and the San Diego Grand Prix. I know that I am not even close to being ready for the first (one of the hardest races in SoCal all year) and the one in SD is way too far. The next Ontario GP is in six weeks and since it is the local race I am almost obligated to do it. That will tell me alot in that time, expecially with 6 weeks of good training inbetween.