View Single Post
Old 10-26-09, 09:58 AM
treebound 
aka: Mike J.

Bikes: 1995 Trek 520 is the current primary bike.

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 113 Post(s)
Liked 58 Times in 39 Posts
(Thumb typing here so forgive typos)

I'll get pics and a serial number uploaded tonight or later this week, but in the mean time I'll ask a blind question on the Centurion I recently got.

It was repainted by the previous owner (I'm getting deja'vu as I type this so maybe I asked this already), so all the decals are gone. He said it looked exactly like the Dave Scott Ironman (that one went to a new owner yesterday who is very happy with it) I had with the pinkish and yellow paint.

Here is what I know of the one I have now:
Wheels are Wolber rims with Shimano 105 hubs, 6-speed on the rear.
Seat tube measures 55cm ctc, top tube measures about 56cm ctc.
Stem is about 100mm
Rear der is a Shimano 105
Front der is a Shimano 600 with a color bar below the text
It has 105 cranks, brakes, and brake levers
Handlebar is a Nitto B115 in a 420 width as noted on the bar itself.

I did a little side-x-side comparison between the bikes before the smaller one went away and apart from the front der and handlebars they looked the same. I haven't written down the s/n yet, will try to do that tonight.

Does anyone have a guess if the front derailleur is maybe stock or a swap? I'd wager a guess that the bars are a swap at some point in the bikes history. Any other guesses about it with this limited info?

I'm probably going to end up repainting the home paint job on it, and in a few small nicked spots it appears the old original paint is probably gone instead of just being painted over.

Thanks for any input on what I know so far.