Old 03-21-05, 01:34 AM
Patriot
Faith-Vigilance-Service

Bikes: Trinity, Paradisus, Centurion, Mongoose, Trek

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
I have been very slowly letting my wife get interested in cycling for the last few months now with the bike that I am slowly piecing together for her. I have been letting her interest flower on its own pretty much. I don't want to push her. I want her to enjoy it, not feel like she has to do it for a chore. Anyway, as the frame paint job progresses, I am not really saying much, other than "Don't worry Sweetheart, I'll help you with anything you need."

Well, I think she is a little more interested than I had originally thought. I kind of figured she had just a slight interest, and wanted to give it a shot, until today.

She comes up to me and says, "Look what I got in the mail today? I know it has your name on it, but was wondering..."
It was a Performance bike shop 20% off any item coupon. I said, "Well, no, I don't really need anything right now." Even though there is about 20 things on my secret list of things I would love to have.

She asks, "Won't I need some shoes if I use those pedals you lock your feet into?"

I casually said, "Yeah, I suppose you will. I think they have some "on sale."

(Ah yes, "On Sale", the magic words every woman loves to here. It's kind of like giving a woman a nice big piece of chocolate when she's having a tough time in life.)

So, off to the PBS we went.

We found that the local PBS had the Pearl Izumi Vagabond II road shoe on sale for $47 because they only had a few small sizes left, and lucky for us, one was her size in a 39. And for an extra 20% off, she got them for $38, and she really likes them. They fit perfectly.

But, that was just the beginning. (oh, no!!!) Then she starts heading over to the clothing section, and grabs a pair of small Performance Century shorts for $12 "On Sale!". Then she grabs a Performance Stars and Stripes jersey for $19.99 "On Sale!" Then, she finds a pair of Performance gloves for $10 "On Sale!"

And to top it off, she says, "hmmm, won't I need a helmet too?" I'm standing there with a pile of stuff in my arms, practically overflowing. I just said, "Yeah, I guess it's a good idea." So she grabs the last size medium Giro Monza (white) they have on the shelf, for $50. After all, she said it has to match the white stripes on the Vagabond shoes.
I just laughed. I haven't even finished her road bike yet, and she's already a posuer.

Well, an hour later, and $163 lighter in my wallet, we finally leave. She says to me, "So, when will my bike be done?"

I'm like... "Um......"

Last edited by Patriot; 03-21-05 at 01:42 AM.