Old 10-27-09, 06:32 PM
OwnRules

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by waynesworld
That is a beautiful bike!

What kind of bar ends are those? And grips? It looks almost like a trekking bar, and really, really cool.
Hey thanks, waynesworld, much appreciated!

Bike was actually the end-result of this thread and the advice given in it...plus some added research & luck of my own. The grips/barends are Ergon's GC3, new for '09 which were talked about/suggested by some -- in fact, there are a couple of threads about them right in this forum. Can't tell you how much I like them as they add a number of hand-grips as well as a wide, soft wrist pad for simply biking along.

The bike itself is a '09 Allegro 3X as pictured at the beginning of the thread. Chose it over the '10 Quick Ultra for a number of reasons, cost/return on investment included. Waited for the Allegro '10 model to come out before putting in my order -- but the new candy apple red and white just didn't do it for me so I stuck with the '09 scheme. As for the rest, all stock 'cept the saddle, Selle Royal Respiro and the pedals,Crank Brothers 5050 XX. Guess I got rather lucky with my research as I am very happy with all three components as well as with the bike itself -- not to mention grateful for the good advice I got right here.

All in all I came in well within my budget and a bike that feels as if it rides well beyond it.

Cheers!