Old 10-27-09, 08:59 PM
skuz
Bicylisk

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Old Town
What school will accept a thesis on "Bike Safety"? Or is this a junior high thing?
This is far from a thesis dissertation on bicycle safety, thanks for the concern!

I'm writing a medium-length paper on urban infrastructure and city planning, and want to include some information on planning for bicycles. This includes what inherant risks there are with current city infrastructure and planning practices, how the current system favours motorists over cyclists, how it is being remedied on a structural level (the New York style buffered bike lanes, for example) or a personal level, through vehicular cycling, how bicycle riders view and use space to enhance their safety (pedestrian left turns, for example), and so on.

Is the situation simply as Old Town implied, that anyone would be laughed out of a school or academic journal for attempting to publish something like this, and that is why I am having difficulty finding authors? Surely there are Jane Jacobs or William Whytes of the cycling world, I just seem to be having great difficulty in finding them, and simply came seeking advice.