View Single Post
Old 10-29-09, 01:46 PM
dellwilson

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 4 Times in 1 Post
Originally Posted by tagaproject6
A little OT...how do you like the Vuelta Wheels as compared to the OEM wheels? I can never quite get the difference between Vuelta XRP and Vuelta USA , if they are even the same or not. Do you mind telling me what they cost and from where?
I'm no expert on those wheels. I didn't seek them out; they simply came with the bike. My bike is a 2009 Motobecane Sprint and I have been very pleased with it. I ride my '83 Peugeot UO14 to work every day, but that is just because of the need to mount lights, rack, panniers, etc. For all rides other than the commute, I hop on the Moto.

The wheels feel very fast to me, but my only reference is the Peugeot and it weighs a ton. I can tell you that there is a rough stretch of road (about 1.5m long) on a 28 mile loop that I ride frequently where there are periodic (every 4-5ft) cracks raised in the pavement and that section seems to suck the life out of me. I don't know if other wheels would perform better in that situation or not.

That's probably not very useful information to you, but maybe you can glean something from it. I'd be happy to answer any other question about the wheels.