View Single Post
Old 10-30-09, 06:21 AM
TurbineBlade
Kid A

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 5 Times in 5 Posts
I bought lycra shorts with a chamois, and meh... Yes, they're great for long rides in the summer, and I'd probably wear them on my commute if it was more than 20 miles each way, but for anything shorter than that? I'll stick with garments without a chamois.

Really though, it's a personal thing, and I just don't like the way a chamois feel, either on the bike or off.
I'll second this . I own several padded shorts (mountain and road) and don't use them. I find them comfortable enough, but just not practical for long distance rides where I stop at shops, or eat in a restaruant, etc.

I (like others have said before) also don't like to send the message to potential cyclists that you have to join some weird cult just to ride a bike...nonsense. It is my belief that people read about stuff like this so much on the internet and take it face value without ever trying anything different on their own.

Oddly enough, nearly all of the cyclists I pass on my commute to and from DC look like road racers. To each their own, it's just not my thing.

Last edited by TurbineBlade; 10-30-09 at 06:27 AM.