Old 10-30-09, 06:30 PM
danarnold
Kaffee Nazi

Bikes: 2009 Kestrel RT800, 2007 Roubaix, 1976 Lambert-Viscount

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanks. I read the article. I would love to see 'Copenhagen' come to Portland or my city or wherever. I totally embrace the idea of cycling just as transportation... making no big deal about what we ride.

I just think M C-H is totally out of his mind if he thinks this vision can be enforced by bike infrastructure.

Good luck! BTW I've seen videos of cycling in Copenhagen and it would be very annoying for me to have to plod along at 5 mph in huge crowds of other cyclists. But it would be worth it for the great changes it would make to the environment and the health of the citizenry and to end our dependence on foreign oil. To do any 'real' cycling, I guess I could find a velodrome or stick to country roads.

In any event, I wish the effort well, but I'm not concerned anything will come of it so I won't have to worry one way or the other. I actually hope I'm wrong in my prediction.

But again I say, this will happen when the cost of motoring goes up by a factor of 5 or 10 and not before, unless somehow the culture changes.

M C-H is correct when he says that cycling will increase when it becomes the fastest and easiest way to get from A to B. If you have a plan for how to accomplish that, I'd like to hear it.