patentcad
Peloton Shelter Dog

Bikes: 2017 Scott Foil, 2016 Scott Addict SL, 2018 Santa Cruz Blur CC MTB

Mentioned: 74 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1142 Post(s)
Liked 28 Times in 22 Posts
Road velo morons

Are everywhere. I see these cyclists on group rides all the time. Last week on the Nyack Ride, a cop passes us (which is the clear signal to tighten up and get to the friggin RIGHT). Half a mile later this same officer is sitting on a side street observing the ride come up the road. Even STILL, this one moron was riding in the middle of the lane. I shouted at him to GET OVER I DON'T WANT TO GET ARRESTED and he finally did.

It is unfathomable. I've been riding for 20 years, I log 12K miles annually on the roads around here and I almost NEVER have a problem. That's because I STAY RIGHT, as FAR RIGHT as I can, and I don't want to get clipped by a car. I would say 20%+ of the road cyclists I see seem incapable of grasping this simple concept, and are a hazard to themselves and an annoyance to motorists. I have friends who ride this way. I don't like to ride with them for that reason.

And some of you idiots are worried about how unsafe it is to ride with an ipod? Yeah, OK. I'll tell you what, you follow your plan, I'll follow mine, we'll see who's still alive to blog here in 10 years.

Pcad's Rule of Cycling #7: Better to suck up a pothole @ 20 mph than to get clipped by a Ford F150.