Old 11-01-09, 10:23 AM
T-Mar

Mentioned: 656 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4722 Post(s)
Liked 3,041 Times in 1,879 Posts
FWIW, the Reynolds decal style places the frame 1974-1976, assuming good stock rotation and originality. The serial number appears to be open fromat, and if so, would place it July 1976. Both are certainly a good match for the parts, with the exception of the 7400 upgrade.

My question to the OP is whether the lugs actually bear Bocama stampings or are they just Bocama styled? Also, given the overall condition of the bicycle and especially the head badge, I'm surpised at the flawless condition of the notoriously fragile Reynolds decal. What size is the seat post? Based on the headbadge alone, it seems to me that the previous owner was purposely trying to disguise the origins of the bicycle.

The presence of dropout eyelets do not rule out a racing frame. Many boom era racing frames had eyelets to allow fenders for training during wet preiods. These gradually fell out of use during the boom. However, in this case the chainstays appear quite long, with lots of tire to seat tube clearance even with the axle forward in the dropout.