Old 11-02-09, 09:43 PM
unterhausen
Randomhead

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 3,701 Times in 2,521 Posts
the variation in appropriate tt length is much smaller than the variation in leg length. For example, a friend has the largest frame I've ever seen, 68 cm or something like that. I've never measured the top tube, but a crude elbow to fingertip measurement says it's not much more than an inch longer than my 55cm frame. And it fits. I'm sure there are people out there that have long torsos, and they probably need a custom frame or other adjustments.

And since this is a valuation thread in the main C&V forum, I'm pretty sure I'm allowed to tell you I'd give you $5 for it. $750 is way too high for any number of reasons, not the least of which it's a town bike without brakes. Most people would look at that and think they could do a lot better for that kind of money. I'd think I could at least get a brake.

Originally Posted by andy e
troll?
That's what I was thinking at first, but I'm pretty sure that it's an inadvertent troll. I'm not one to easily get upset over fixie conversions, but they mostly belong in the FG/SS forum. This place has become FG central recently, and it's a little grating and feels more than a little trollish. I think the FG/SS forum has a lot of fine people and I see no reason for these posts not to be made over there. I see zero C&V content in this thread.

Last edited by unterhausen; 11-02-09 at 09:50 PM.