Old 11-05-09, 07:29 PM
Wogster

Bikes: Old Bike: 1975 Raleigh Delta, New Bike: 2004 Norco Bushpilot

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 5 Times in 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Airwick
Recently, someone special indicated she wanted to join me on the next tour. I was surprised,...It's exciting, but also scary.

One issue that we need to find a compromise on is staying in touch with friends and family. She's already indicated she's looking forward to blogging, or as I call it, journalizing.

It's her decision, but I know her decision will affect our tour. I'm against it, but want to give touring with a partner (or at least her) a fair shake,....

My brilliant idea is to ask her to limit her daily entries to "eight sentences or less."

Can this be a reasonable compromise?
Placing a limit may annoy your travelling companion, and that can make the trip unpleasant. It can also hurt a relationship, so if this is someone you really like, you may not want to go there. Probably better to see how you want to plan the tour, if touring together is even possible. For example if your one of those guys who wants to be up a 5AM and on the road at 5:30 and ride constantly until 8PM before collapsing in camp, and she wants to ride 4-5 hours a day, with lots of down time, it isn't going to work.