View Single Post
Old 11-05-09, 08:45 PM
wolfpack 
Rawwrrrrrrrrr!

Bikes: 2009 Specialized Ruby Sworks SL w/SRAM Red; 2006 Fuji Team RC; 2008 Felt F1x; 1980's Lotus Excelle; Mangusta FG/SS; Rossin (yet to be built up)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 1 Post
good idea...

Originally Posted by Machka
And yes, before discussing gear, bicycles, or anything like that, partners need to determine the following types of information ... and come to an agreement on it all that works for both partners:

-- what time do you feel comfortable getting up in the morning?when i wake up (butt-crack of dawn)
-- how long do you think it will take to get ready to ride?does this include breaking camp? haven't a clue...maybe 20-30min?
-- do you like a fairly long lunch break in the middle of the day? Or not?not really, sit too long, legs get cold/stiff - makes it hard to get going again
-- would you like to stop and visit tourist attractions along the way?possibly. but if far off the main route, maybe not. Do you prefer to stay in one place a couple nights in order to take in a particular tourist attraction?not really Or are you more interested in riding than seeing the sights?riding
-- how many hours of riding would you like to do each day? (or how far could you see yourself riding each day?)not sure on distance, but figure i could do 75mi or so a day. also, not sure what that would equate to as far as ride time....just have to cross that bridge when i get to it.
-- what time would you like to arrive at the campsite?with enough time to get camp set up & eat
-- what are some things you might like to do between arriving at the campsite and going to sleep?haven't a clue
-- what time would you like to go to sleep?most likely ASAP