Old 11-06-09, 08:33 AM
Bekologist
totally louche

Bikes: the ever shifting stable loaded with comfortable road bikes and city and winter bikes

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 10 Times in 9 Posts
keep in mind, meanwhile, as i think you were a bit confused earlier, that in the USA,

several types of 'bikeway' actually are part of the roadway, shared lanes, bike routes, wide or narrow lanes as part of a bikeway network, sharrowed streets, and bikelanes are all part of the roadway.

john objects to laws in the extreme minority of states that 'discriminate' against bicyclists, the 'mandatory' bikelane and sidepath rules, and most bicycle advocates in the USA would like to see these laws repealed.

one major reality check is that there are very, very few sidepaths or bikelanes as a percentage of any states' highways..... this simple fact predicates that bicyclists will be riding unenhanced public roads the vast, vast majority of the time.

I lived in a state with mandatory sidepath rules and never, never, had an issue if i wasn't on the rare sidepath instead of the roadway.

and in oregon, a state with mandatory bikelane laws, never, ever had a problem riding as i saw fit and ignoring the bikelane in favor of a general travel lane at times.....

mandatory laws absent enforcement are not an issue. john chooses to endlessly rant hysterics about these rules in a very small minority of states.

he somehow extrapolates these as dealbreakers to the entirety of planning for bikes on public roads and highways.

refusing to acknowledge that bicycle transportation literature is eclipsing his opinion on how best to accommodate bikes in the transportation mix?

the recriminations of a paralyzed status quotian.

Last edited by Bekologist; 11-06-09 at 08:55 AM.