Old 11-06-09, 12:36 PM
aidanpryde18
Full of Love and Meatloaf

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by CliftonGK1
Nice job on dropping some sizes! I've been doing much of the same recently, and I've reached a horrible issue with dress shirts: I'm 6'6" with broad shoulders, so a 2XL is the only thing OTR which will fit me for length and that I won't rip the back out of when I reach for my keyboard. Problem is, every standard 2XL dress shirt is tailored by Omar the Tentmaker and is now about 50% larger around the middle than I need.
I'd just get stuff made to fit, if I wasn't still losing weight.
So now I just buy OTR billowing sails of shirt and have them taken in at the sides so I don't look like a little kid playing dress-up in his dad's work clothes.
Have you ever been able to find XLT stuff? I wore some 2XLT stuff for a while because I was front heavy, so the regulat 2XL would creep up and show some gut.

I do commiserate about the amount of fabric added to 2XL, I think they make good cuts in shirts up to XL, then they think, "Oh Damn, we have to make a 2XL too. Ahh, whatever, just sew a bunch of fabric together, those fat bastards are too lazy to care how they look." I would probably wear more 2XL stuff if they would actually give it some taper and shape in the midsection.

Just because we're bigger doesn't make us lazy and blah about our appearance. It sucks.

Thanks to everyone for the commiseration, I am really looking forward to knowing that I can walk into ANY store and find something in my size. Most stores run pants up to 40, now when I fit into XL, I will be good to go.