Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Classic & Vintage
Reload this Page >

Head turner bikes

Search
Notices
Classic & Vintage This forum is to discuss the many aspects of classic and vintage bicycles, including musclebikes, lightweights, middleweights, hi-wheelers, bone-shakers, safety bikes and much more.

Head turner bikes

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-07, 08:52 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Head turner bikes

Guys,

Bikes should be head turners.. when u cross a street on roaring bike.. it shud get attention.. if u go un noticed theres no fun.. check this out

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=09-qsbJ56mA

cheers
Old 03-30-07, 09:11 AM
The Legitimiser

Bikes: Gazelle Trim Trophy, EG Bates Track Bike, HR Bates Cantiflex bike, Nigel Dean fixed gear conversion, Raleigh Royal, Falcon Westminster.

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 5 Times in 4 Posts
Possibly some confusion. This is a bicycle forum. Cool bike though - mind you, having spent some time in India, I can tell you, they're all made of cheese.
Old 03-30-07, 09:50 AM
www.theheadbadge.com

Bikes: https://www.theheadbadge.com

Mentioned: 124 Post(s)
Quoted: 2422 Post(s)
Liked 4,396 Times in 2,093 Posts
Trolling!

-Kurt

Old 03-30-07, 10:12 AM
Glutton for Punishment

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked 8 Times in 7 Posts
An acknowledgment that the locomotive has better brakes than the Enfield, and only slightly more mass.
Old 03-30-07, 01:27 PM
Evil Genius

Bikes: Pedal Force ZX3, Gary V Titanio, 1985 Cinelli Supercorsa, 1981 Pogliaghi, 1995 Casati Ellisse, Cinelli Softmachine hardtail, Surly Pugsley

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by mswantak
An acknowledgment that the locomotive has better brakes than the Enfield, and only slightly more mass.
Notice Dad was keeping Son out of the road, too.
Old 03-31-07, 11:20 AM
Scott

Bikes: Too Many

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Real motorbikes have pedals and garner much more attention.
Old 03-31-07, 08:30 PM
Novist senior member

Bikes: have about 30 bikes right now

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
that is so cool . Can I get a kid to make one? What kind of registration is required?
Old 03-31-07, 09:21 PM

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
everybody makes way for the buullet
Old 03-31-07, 09:24 PM
Glutton for Punishment

Liked 8 Times in 7 Posts
I've been getting closer and closer to building one of those myself. I'm convinced I can make it better looking. The main thing that sticks a thumb in my eye is the gas tank. One from a small street bike that has a toptube tunnel would get the tank down where it belongs.
Old 04-01-07, 08:38 AM
Scott

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by tolfan
that is so cool . Can I get a kid to make one? What kind of registration is required?

Kings Motor Bikes is where I purchased the kit I put on my antique Raleigh cruiser. I have 3 years and over 5,000 miles on it. Current kit price is $189 plus $46 shipping. Here is the link.
https://www.kingsmotorbikes.com/index.html

Registration requirements depends on your state. In Alabama having an Alabama drivers license exempts you from registration and a special motor driven cycle license required for 14 and 15 year old kids. Most states set the engine displacement limit at 50cc but here in Alabama the limit is 150cc or 5 HP. I never registered it or have liability insurance, which is impossible to get anyway as its not required on motor driven cycles. I was pulled over several times the first 3 months of riding so after the first time I was pulled over I went on-line and copied the parts of the Code of Alabama pertaining to Motor Driven Cycle regulations so any Policeman pulling me over could check his copy of the Code of Alabama preventing his/her writing me tickets and getting embarrassed before the Judge by losing the case and having to pay court costs, which did happen once. I was nice and did not file false arrest warrants on the Policeman as the Judge suggested. A picture of me with my motorbike taken from the police cruiser camera now hangs in every law enforcement office in the state and a warning about the motor driven cycle registration loophole.
Old 04-01-07, 08:56 AM
Scott

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by mswantak
I've been getting closer and closer to building one of those myself. I'm convinced I can make it better looking. The main thing that sticks a thumb in my eye is the gas tank. One from a small street bike that has a toptube tunnel would get the tank down where it belongs.
A rear-mounted fuel tank could be what you're looking for.

https://thatsdax.com/ENGINE_KIT_PARTS_PAGE_1.html
or this under top tube 1-gal tank.
Old 04-01-07, 09:10 AM

Mentioned: 130 Post(s)
Quoted: 3464 Post(s)
Liked 2,831 Times in 1,997 Posts
California does not like them, and the California Air Resources Board likes them less, they also shut down the "pocket bike" craze very fast too.
Old 04-01-07, 11:12 AM
Glutton for Punishment

Liked 8 Times in 7 Posts
Pah! What Sacramento legislates for public consumption and what they're willing to lay out the money to enforce are two different things.

Anyway, pocket bikes are a helluva lot more dangerous to have on the street than a motor-driven cycle.
Old 04-01-07, 01:17 PM
Senior Citizen

Bikes: yes

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
They're legal according to the CA DMV, just make sure to get it registered as a moped.
Old 04-01-07, 01:48 PM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by n4zou

Kings Motor Bikes is where I purchased the kit I put on my antique Raleigh cruiser. I have 3 years and over 5,000 miles on it. Current kit price is $189 plus $46 shipping. Here is the link.
https://www.kingsmotorbikes.com/index.html

Registration requirements depends on your state. In Alabama having an Alabama drivers license exempts you from registration and a special motor driven cycle license required for 14 and 15 year old kids. Most states set the engine displacement limit at 50cc but here in Alabama the limit is 150cc or 5 HP. I never registered it or have liability insurance, which is impossible to get anyway as its not required on motor driven cycles. I was pulled over several times the first 3 months of riding so after the first time I was pulled over I went on-line and copied the parts of the Code of Alabama pertaining to Motor Driven Cycle regulations so any Policeman pulling me over could check his copy of the Code of Alabama preventing his/her writing me tickets and getting embarrassed before the Judge by losing the case and having to pay court costs, which did happen once. I was nice and did not file false arrest warrants on the Policeman as the Judge suggested. A picture of me with my motorbike taken from the police cruiser camera now hangs in every law enforcement office in the state and a warning about the motor driven cycle registration loophole.

Does this kit really get 40 MPH? how far do you usually get on a full tank?
Old 04-01-07, 02:35 PM
Senior_Member2

Bikes: Beater + Nishiki Bigfoot X-29

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
A rear-mounted fuel tank could be what you're looking for.

https://thatsdax.com/ENGINE_KIT_PARTS_PAGE_1.html
or this under top tube 1-gal tank.
I don't see how the rear sprocket (cog) mounts on to the wheel?!!?
Old 04-01-07, 06:14 PM
Yet another vegan biker

Bikes: Sakae Prism, Vintage Fuji bike(S), too many bikes, one from scratch bike.

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Is it strapped/connected to the non-drive spokes?

When I feel the need for a hot summer evening cool down, I sometimes kick over my old Honda Express and roar off into the sunset (well, not quite so much roaring now that I've gotten the knack of brazing down better)

Old 04-02-07, 12:22 PM
Senior_Member2

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Spokes... no way.?
Old 04-02-07, 04:49 PM
Scott

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by discomonkey
Does this kit really get 40 MPH? how far do you usually get on a full tank?
With the 44-tooth sprocket that comes with the kit on a 26-inch bicycle wheel the little engines top speed at the RPM red line is 32 MPH, which is way too fast on a bicycle! I normally keep my speed between 20 and 25 MPH. Note the additional front brake along with the coaster brake. Doing this is an absolute must! A coaster brake alone will get you killed. These Chinese bicycle engines kits are made to fit on Chinese Flying Pigeon bicycles, which have 28-inch wheels and will do 40 MPH with a 44-tooth sprocket. The Chinese use 50-tooth sprockets on bicycles with 28-inch wheels. I've seen a 36-tooth sprocket used on an old road bike with 27-inch wheels. The insane rider had to get the bike up to 15 MPH before letting out the engine clutch to prevent lugging the engine and top speed was around 50 MPH.

If I keep my speed down around 15 MPH and keep to flat roads I can get 70 miles on 2-liters of mixed 20:1 ratio gasoline. I typically get about 40 miles per 2-liter tank full running around town which includes climbing steep hills.
Old 04-02-07, 05:00 PM
Scott

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by diff_lock2
Originally Posted by silversmith
Is it strapped/connected to the non-drive spokes?
Yes
Originally Posted by diff_lock2
Spokes... no way.?
WAY!

There are two rubber doughnuts that sandwich the spokes and the sprocket. I thought I would have all kinds of spoke trouble with that setup but I never have had a spoke break due to that setup. What I did have trouble with is the coaster brake hub needing grade 25 ball bearings and packed with high temperature grease made for use with disk brake automotive hubs.
Old 04-02-07, 05:09 PM
Scott

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by silversmith

When I feel the need for a hot summer evening cool down, I sometimes kick over my old Honda Express and roar off into the sunset (well, not quite so much roaring now that I've gotten the knack of brazing down better)

A 1980 Honda Express showed up at the LTS (local thrift store) and I immediately went over and started checking it out. Poor old thing was missing its seat, rack with gas and oil tanks, and it's air filter. I really wanted to buy it but the condition and missing parts just killed it. If I could get it for $5 or less I would purchase it and cut the frame and use the front-end on another bicycle frame so I could use it on another motor bicycle project.
Old 04-02-07, 05:42 PM
Senior_Member2

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Yes

WAY!

There are two rubber doughnuts that sandwich the spokes and the sprocket. I thought I would have all kinds of spoke trouble with that setup but I never have had a spoke break due to that setup. What I did have trouble with is the coaster brake hub needing grade 25 ball bearings and packed with high temperature grease made for use with disk brake automotive hubs.
Now I'm interested!

Could you post some close ups of the rear sprocket?

Thanks